Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jen Titus - O Death



Ok guys hopefully this was the worst weather for this season and hopefully everybody survived it, moving on today's song will be the last song for the "The Dark Side Of Things" theme, so for today I recommend this song “O Death” by Jen Titus, don’t know much about the singer as there is nothing available about her on the web and she is pretty anonymous, this song though is actually a traditional Appalachian Dirge originating from Southern Appalachia, Jen did this song for the show Supernatural and I think she did an awesome job, it was used as an intro for death himself and it had an amazing effect at least on me. I think for copyright reasons I'm unable to embed or link the clip from the show here but it is available on youtube do check it out its really good.

Here’s the song with the lyrics:


Here’s the same song done by the famous Dr. Ralph Stanley in his famous bluegrass style you should recall it if you have seen the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?:


If you like this song you can get from the link below

O Death - O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)

Let me know if you like this song.

Don’t forget to give me your suggestions, c’mon guys step up…..


Cumberland London

No comments:

Post a Comment