Friday, May 6, 2011

Lexicon - Junk Food


            All this week I have been dishing out heavy stuff, so I decided to end the week on a lighter note, to help me with that today’s recommendation comes from Los Angeles, CA by this brother duo Lexicon. After having moderate success in the LA hip-hop scene the brothers decided to change gears and created this mix of Indie Rock and Hip-Hop which is different from anything happening out there, in their own words they described their music on a Greek TV show as
            “It’s a blending of, you know our favorite kind of Indie Rock and Hip-Hop that we grew up on, you know, …… , I don’t feel like many groups have ever done that combo right, so we are here to do it right.”
            The song I’m recommending is Junk Food, it’s a fun song with slick female backing vocals, funny tongue in cheek lyrics, composition vise nothing to write home about, I picked up this song from a short movie I was watching online, I think it’s a fun song, don’t take it too seriously, if you are interested, don’t forget to check out the Facebook page for another live performance and a brief interview


If you like this song you can get it from the link below
Junk Food - Rapstars (Bonus Track Version)

Here’s a live performance of the same song


If you like to know about them here’s the link to their myspace page
Enjoy!!!

hotel Thirty Thirty New York


No comments:

Post a Comment