Monday, January 30, 2012

Ima Robot - Greenback Boogie


            I’m back, though I shouldn’t say I’m back, with work getting pretty busy I have decided I’ll do these recommendations in sporadic short bursts of one or two weeks whenever I get time.
            On that note today’s recommendation comes from Los Angeles, CA by the band Ima Robot, the band started back in late 90’s when front man Alex Ebert’s band The Lucky 13’s fell apart. They have gone through several personnel changes since then.
            The band caught flight in 2003 with the release of their self titled debut album and signed up with Virgin records, after releasing one album with Virgin records and having some major label headaches they got out of the contract in 2007 and took sort of a hiatus from Ima Robot, though not necessarily from music, here’s how Timmy (Lead Guitarist) explained it
            “We were all a bit tweaked from our last year or so in the major label game – I’ll leave it at that!  Some life happened, a lot of work and side projects went down … and we all just went off exploring other musical endeavors and interests.”
            Ima Robot dish out modern rock songs laced with delicious beats and Alex Ebert’s eclectic vocals, the song I’m recommending Greenback Boogie comes from their third album Another Man’s Treasure, I stumbled upon this song while watching USA Network’s legal drama Suits. I love the combination of pipe organs and modern beats, throw in the subtle vocal variations of Alex and you have this awesome boogie which fuses old with the new, here’s the song

If you like this song you can get it from the link below
Greenback Boogie - Greenback Boogie - Single
If you’d like to know more about them, here’s the link to their Wikipedia page
Still wanna know more about them, here’s the link to their official website
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment