Friday, February 18, 2011

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows


 
Alright guys, to wrap up the Canadian Week I have this literary giant of whom Canadians can’t be proud enough, he is a singer, songwriter, musician, poet, novelist , he is Leonard Cohen. He has been inducted into Canadian Music Hall of Fame and Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame and not to mention he is also a member of the American Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The song that I’m recommending is “Everybody Knows” from his album “I’m Your Man” released in 1988, many people have covered this song and everything that can be said has been said about this song, I don’t think I can add anything just that for me the biggest pull towards this song was his baritone voice and strong lyrics, if you can open up the lyrics in another browser and listen to the song with the lyrics, you’ll love it.





If you like this song you can get it from the link below
Everybody Knows - I'm Your Man


If you want to know more about him here’s his Wikipedia page:

Here’s a live version of the song:





Like I said many people have covered this song, here are two distinct versions, the first one is by Rufus Wainwright:






If you like this cover you can get it from the link below
Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (Motion Picture Soundtrack)

 
This other cover by Concrete Blonde is by far my favorite, of course after the original:



If you like this cover you can get it from the link below
Everybody Knows - Recollection - the Best Of

 
Here’s a link to Leonard Cohen’s official website:
See you guys on other side of the weekend
Enjoy!!!

hotel Royal National

No comments:

Post a Comment