Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Aranda - All I Ever Wanted


Today’s song is by the band Aranda, hailing from Oklahoma City, OK, the Alternative-Rock outfit was formed around the brothers Gabe Aranda on lead vocals and Dameon Aranda on guitars. They formed their first band when they were in middle school, eventually forming Aranda near the end of high school.
The song I’m recommending is All I Ever Wanted from their self titled debut album, more famously covered by Kelly Clarkson as the title track of her fourth studio album. I’ll come back to the comparison later but first let's appreciate Aranda’s work here, I love the one thump drum line in conjunction with the base line but the best part of this song is the change in pitch around the chorus as it switches the pace and intensity of the song to top gear.
Ok coming back to the comparison, I think my preference is obvious as I’m recommending Aranda’s version and not the Kelly Clarkson cover, on the surface the two versions seem pretty similar as Kelly didn’t change the arrangements of the song and kept the melody intact with the obvious difference being that of the female vocals as opposed to male vocals, but I still prefer the original version, don’t get me wrong I don’t have anything against Kelly Clarkson in fact I think she is the most talented American Idol alum and has an awesome vocal range, but in my opinion Kelly’s version sounds very polished and crafted and straight out of the production line which belts out today’s mainstream Pop Rock songs one after the other whereas the original version sounds more raw has more feeling to it, but that’s just my opinion you decide for yourself, here’s the song


If you like this song you can get it from the link below
All I Ever Wanted - Aranda

If you like to know more about them here’s the link to their Wikipedia page
Here’s Kelly Clarkson’s version, let me know which one do you prefer

If you like this version you can get it from the link below
All I Ever Wanted - All I Ever Wanted

Here’s Aranda live in Wichita

Here’s an acoustic performance, the song kicks in around the 1 minute mark

Still wanna know more about them, here’s the link to their myspace page

hotel ThirtyThirty in New York

No comments:

Post a Comment