Monday, May 16, 2011

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - The Sun Ain't Shining No More


            Ok people today I’m throwing you a curve ball, you will either love today’s recommendation or you’ll hate it, there is no middle ground for this act. Today’s recommendation comes all the way from Copenhagen, Denmark by this duo The Asteroids Galaxy Tour which turns into a sextet on tours. The band mainly revolves around the talents of Mette Lindeberg and Lars Iversen.
            This band is single handedly trying to bring back the carefree attitude of the 60’s, the hippy culture, the psychedelic influences and the European bohemia, their songs draw influences from Funk, Soul, Psychedelic Rock, Acid Rock and the list goes on and on. Here’s what Mette said about their music
            I think it’s a mix of a lot of things; it has some Soul elements like The Horns and there is feeling in the music but at the same time it has some Funk and the Vocals are Rock or Pop so I think it’s got a lot of different things so it’s hard to say.”
The song I’m recommending The Sun Ain’t Shining No More comes from their debut album Fruit. Some of you might find Mette’s shrill and to an extent whiny vocals a bit annoying, to those of you I strongly recommend to give them another listen, I’m sure you’ll warm up to her, as so did happen to me, the first time this song came up on Pandora I didn’t like it, but for some reason I didn’t hit the unlike button, but later on when it came back on again I started enjoying this song and now I can’t have enough of it, especially I think this song is perfect for a sing along on top of your lungs while driving at a casual pace, so if you don’t like it at first give it another chance I’m sure it’ll make a believer out of you. Here’s how Lars described the song
“It is … like a really old song, and the lyrics are very naive on that song, telling the simple story of this lonely girl who is looking for fast love, and then it just breaks her heart. I think many people can relate to that feeling. The way I wrote lyrics back then, they were more quirky and spontaneous, like telling this fast story of this girl. She's a sad girl.”
I’ll throw in a couple of live performances here along with the song, there’s a really good acoustic performance also available but for that you have to checkout the Facebook Feed, I'll put up a candid interview with Mette there as well, here’s the song

If you like this song you can get it from the link below
The Sun Ain't Shining No More - Fruit

If you like to know more about them, here’s the link to their Wikipedia page
Here they are live at the Mercury Lounge in NYC

Here they are live on Fearless Music

Still wanna know more about them, here’s the link to their MySpace page
Enjoy!!!

London hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment