Friday, November 18, 2011

My Federation - What Gods Are These


            Well all this week I have been recommending the religious / faith based music so I think it’s only fair that I give one chance to the other side too, in that vein today’s recommendation comes from Brighton, UK by the now disbanded band My Federation.
            My Federation was put together by the Iranian born Lee “Muddy” Baker who is a singer, songwriter, producer, performer, vocalist and multi-instrumentalist. The sound of My Federation is deeply grounded in heavy synths which ventures into various genres such as electronic, psychedelic rock, acid rock to name a few. They self described themselves as
            If The Who drove at high speed, crashed into a giant synthesiser and the whole thing turned into a supermonster that had sex with The Flaming Lips and The Beach Boys, then, as well as creating a mess, you’d come close to describing the awesomeness of My Federation.”
            The song I’m recommending, What Gods Are These comes from their first and last album Don’t Wanna Die, I found this song in the soundtrack of the movie She's Out Of My League. The song is more an anti-war song than an anti-religion song, in that it bemoans how wars are now being presented to us as an evening show on our TVs and general masses have been desensitized of the horrors of war because of the media extravaganza, they further their query and question the justification of the war where both sides believe they are furthering their god’s message by an endless cycle of violence, where killing each other is justified in the name of god. Here’s the song


If you like this song you can get it from the link below
What Gods Are These - Don't Wanna Die
If you’d like to know more about them here’s the link to their Wikipedia page
Here they are live on the BBC2 Culture Show


Still wanna know more about them, here’s the link to their MySpace page
Enjoy!!!
hotel Royal National in London

No comments:

Post a Comment