Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rob Thomas - All That I Am

 
            Today’s recommendation comes from a famous Pop / Rock star, he was born in Landstuhl, Germany on Ramstein Air Base to parents serving in the US Army, his day job is being the front man for Matchbox Twenty and he also moonlights as the solo performer Rob Thomas.
            Rob Thomas’ worldwide breakthrough came through the famous triple-platinum Carlos Santana song Smooth, which he co-wrote as well, he has also written songs for some industry giants such as Tom Petty, Willie Nelson, Mick Jagger, Mark Anthony to name a few.
            The song I’m recommending All That I Am, comes from his debut solo album …Something To Be. Rob Thomas by the way is a very staunch gay rights activist which makes this composition drenched in faith and belief in a supreme being a contradiction of astronomical proportions from the conservative stand point, anyhow, this song was recommended by my sister when she found out about the theme of the week, she thought it to be a perfect fit for this week and I concur. I read on a website that Rob wrote this song after watching the Mel Gibson movie Passion Of The Christ and further explained that though he is not an overly religious person per say but the movie had a profound effect on him and moved him to write this song. I loved the melody of this song and the perfect use of exotic instruments some of which I couldn’t figure, the song has this calming effect which relaxes, soothes and sends you on an out of body experience in my opinion, here’s the song


If you like this song you can get it from the link below
All That I Am - Something to Be
If you’d like to know more about him, here’s the link to his Wikipedia page
Still wanna know more about him, here’s the link to his official website.
Enjoy!!!
Cumberland hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment